Saturday, November 22, 2008

THE CLEANING OF THE WINDOWS

Oh, I can see grandma now. Dead of winter cleaning the windows on the inside and the outside. What was it with her and her fetish? Was it because she lived in a Soddy? Nevertheless, she puts all of us to shame.

What did grandma use? I can guarantee it was not one of the many products advertised as window cleaner~~You know the kind you have in your bathrooms, kitchen, and garage for everything? The new improved no drip? Window cleaners team with shower door companies and you make a hasty trip to the market to pick up THAT BRAND. How funny we are. How did windows get cleaned before all these products were available? My grandparents lived on $60 a month social security in 1961, do you think they were going to spend $1 on window cleaner, I think not.

I know we have talked about vinegar before but when it comes to windows it really has merit. The big thing is to mix it right.

This is the best glass cleaner.

1 c rubbing alcohol -
1 c water -
1 tablespoons white vinegar
Mix in a spray bottle.

And I figured out with 35 windows in this house that using rags which fabric softener had been added in the washer or dryer made the windows streak! Inside only, outside of the tilt-in-to-the-inside windows have a special coating, water only.

I don't know just what the alcohol does, I do know that Tom adds some to the cleaner for my glasses!

Oh doesn't this want you to just get to washing windows? Yea, right!

e

No comments: