Thursday, December 11, 2008

WHAT SORT OF SORTING ARE YOU?

Old Trunks is organizing for the new year. You know those kinds of files one has for 2009 in the front of the drawer. They call them ticklers and they are supposed to annoy you so you watch them. And what about those warranty files that are long out of warranty?

A greater sin is the TICKLER SUITCASE! YES! The genealogy one with maps and spreadsheets and volumes of notes from a few hundred hours at the library.

No, it does not include photo albums sorted by family. It does not include 12 volumes of blogging. Do I know what is in it?

That brings me to my next point. I am a list maker. I am an obsessive list maker. I have a TICKLER folder for ancestry! Speaking of lists, one of my projects for Christmas required remembering. The best way I found to remember about 75 memories for three people was to use sticky notes. All I needed was a mini prompt and when I sat down to write, YES WRITE, I had my lists and also one in the back of each book.

The original Post It note was invented in the 60's but didn't really get a good start until they used Idaho as a trial center and gave them away.
They took off in 1980 and since the patent is off, they are now available and made by other companies. Don't tell me you don't have sticky notes! :)

Although we tossed the digital cameras which did not work, I have a CAMERA suitcase Tickler too. Well, electronic, is better. Only for the stuff not used regularly BUT I AM NOT READY TO CALL IT A CAMERA GRAVEYARD! (Yes, I meant to talk loudly).

Tickering in Fargo and making a note of it!

e

No comments: