Tuesday, January 1, 2008

January 1, 2008

Old Trunks used to be very unhappy when she called a business for information and was told the computers were down. I wondered why they didn't have a back up to make certain the customer had the information they requested.

Now I will eat crow.

Now I will apologize to Kelsie and Jaeme and any one else following the birthdates and anniversaries of the ancestors.

The excuse is all the information is in a hard drive for which there is no monitor at present. Part of it is on an external hard drive which I can not access with out the software installed in this computer. Since I do the relationship calculators in advance, I print calendars; once they are recorded, I toss the calendar. Promise! When available, it will be done.

I do know that Mrs. Alice Steinhauer, that is, Ella's sister, had a baby on the first day of January in 1944. Her picture was on the front page of the Thief River Falls Times. Alice and her daughter received gifts for being born the first day of the new year. The Steinhauer's also had a baby the year before, missing the gift day by 11 days; Harold was born on the 12th.

So, for now, I apologize.

Think of me as an old car stuck in a snow bank with bald tires waiting for a farmer to come along with his tractor and a load of hay, stop and scratch his head and figure out the best place to pull on the car. In this case, hurry farmer....

in my case....hurry monitor.

I big you great 8

e

No comments: