Monday, November 16, 2009

THANKSGIVING COMETH

Old Trunks always liked Thanksgiving, probably most during the farm period. Mother would cook and until dinner was served, I was in the pony barn wishing them a happy Thanksgiving with an extra cup full of grain.

In those years, I had no clue as to the amount of planning went on to make such a beautiful feast. I am wondering if I would know how now, as Thanksgiving as been, at least for the last eleven years, Tom's big meal of the year. As I told the checker at the market recently, my husband cooks dinner. She was amazed, she stated that if it was up to her husband, they would have tomato soup. Such as it is, we have the privilege of being thankful even for tomato soup.

As we head into the Thanksgiving holiday, let's explore what Thanksgiving means to each of us.

e

No comments: