Thursday, May 28, 2009

AND THIS IS THE BREATH THAT GIVES LIFE TO OLD TRUNKS

As those of you who follow Old Trunks, you know most of what I have written about comes from the New Solum Township, Marshall County area. My great grandparents lived in the area, as did the children's ancestors on their father's side.

Recently I received the following note:



I am a descendant from Torinus (Welgaard) Mellem and Pauline Mellem both were born in Trysil Norway. Torinus 10/10/1854 and Pauline 9/5/1856. They came to Strip (Rosewood) Minnesota in 1884.Torinus parents were Mr. and Mrs. Thore Mellem. and Pauline's parents were Mr. and Mrs. Peder Mellem. Out of their children they had a 5th child named Peter who was my grandfathers father. He married Caroline Lappegaard 10/18/1907. She was born 2/2/1890 and he was born 3/21/1887 and died in ND 9/22/1966.Out of Caroline and Peter Mellem's children their 4th son Clarence Rudolph Mellem was my grandfather.However in looking for information of the brothers and sisters and parents of both Torinus Welgaard Mellem and Pauline Mellem I have hit a brick wall, if you have any information I would greatly appreciate it I have been searching endlessly to find more ancestry further back.

What I adore about this is Peter talked about in the above paragraph was a wonderful fellow who was married to a great gal. To Shirley and I, they were Pete and Lena. After Peter died in 1966, Lena became Mrs. Pete.

Thank you Kendra!

e

No comments: