Tuesday, July 8, 2008

THE GOAL AND BEYOND

Are you still there?

Did you figure out what your goals where and are?

Can you look back and see that you met them?

Old Trunks thinks I can safely say one of my goals was to be the best in tuned parent I could be. I think that was a mission, or goal, if you wish. Yet, it doesn't appear to be finished.

Old Trunks can say that I have learned to fish. Yes, it took ten years. Yet, it isn't finished.

Old Trunks can say she wanted to learn about the people that lived in Rosewood. This isn't finished either.

Old Trunks doesn't see much of anything as finished. If one reaches the goal, it is only reached, it isn't finessed, is it?

If you finish a quilt, is that the last one? If you finish cutting the lawn, won't there be another cut? If you finish the fishing year, won't there be another?

Old Trunks does believe in responsibilities. She does believe in getting things done. She believes in the 10 minutes a room rule. She believes in herself. When someone told me recently I would make a great salesperson for a make up company, I just laughed because I wasn't interested in how someone else perceived me, rather how I saw myself.

And maybe, that is what a goal is. It is turning back to the buildings you have built along the way and saying, I'm okay with that or that is what I felt was the best place to be at the time. Or being in the present and thinking I hope I don't get stuck in this rut, or looking toward the future, in awe, with hope, yet not having a clue as to what tomorrow may bring. Except of course in this part of the country where the sun shines Monday to Friday and it rains on the weekends!

When is finish? According to my memories, there is none.

And that is my goal and I am stickin' to it!

e

No comments: