Sunday, March 23, 2008

HAPPY EASTER


On the back of the picture it says, “6:50 AM, Ryen has just discovered Alf on the front bumper of the truck.” Look how he is dressed. Barefoot and a beach towel for a cover. Earlier, he had been out with less on, as the Easter bunny had left baskets on the hood of a vehicle.





This picture is of Rachel, Bud, and Ryen with Alf and the Easter bunny. It is probably my favorite picture of the three of them together. It was one of those Easter’s that was ‘late’. The grass was green, the lilacs were in bloom, as were the dandelions. The bunny was sent to the children from their grandmother. What happened to Alf? The bunny? It is here in Fargo.
Easter was on April 22 in 1984.


1940
Easter fell on March 24, previously the earliest date was March 23, 1913. The article in the paper stated that “it won’t happen again until sometime after 2,000“. And here we are, sometime after 2, 000.


2160
Easter will be on the 23rd of March once again, according to the calculations by the Astronomical Society of South Australia.

Happy Easter
Happy Spring

the Easter bunny

Shirley writes to say: I don't remember coloring Easter eggs etc when I was a kid. We did here at my house though.
I do remember saving money after Xmas to buy Judy a stuffed bunny for Easter. I used to "do" the neighbor ladies hair..to earn money. I'd make my rounds on Sat. carrying my rollers and hairdryer to Quam's to do Lyla, cut Valeries hair, walk to Copeland's and do Liz's hair.
Liz is at the CC now and we get to talking about the Rosewood days..good memories!
We did do the new Easter dress thing etc.


Linda said by phone that she ALWAYS had a basket.

No comments: