Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Nina Mellem



NINA MELLEM ANDERSON BLOOM

As you remember, Nina was the ninth child of Thorinus and Pauline Mellem. She was born in Rosewood, New Solum Township on July 29, 1891.

We know that she played with my grandmother, Julia Opseth and her sister, Hilda as the Mellem’s lived across the road from the Opseth’s.

We don’t have a lot of information about her teenage life. We do know that she met Olof Adolph Anderson in her youth and married him as a fifteen year old in March of 1907.

My favorite picture of her is one my grandmother owned. When I looked at the pictures in the old photo album, I always thought she was so pretty. I am certain you think the same.

Speaking of old photos, this is the day I 'motor' to Grand Forks to meet Shirley and pick up the old albums. I am hopeful Kelsie, who is thirteen is able to accompany Shirley and Keith. I have thought alot about being thirteen myself. I wonder what she does at this age? ME? Feed 25 horses, 5 pigs, 1 steer, and 1, 000 chickens. For fun? Ride my bike to town to swim, ride horse back, and go to camp. In a few months, I will tell you about the lost swimming suit!

No comments: