Monday, September 17, 2007

The Rye Family


This is the picture from which the picture of Ella was out cropped. She is the one in the front on the right side. We believe the picture was taken in 1924, as the youngest Cliff, appears to be about a year old. At the time the photo was taken, the family lived in Reiner Township, Pennington County, Minnesota. Henry homesteaded on section 13 and 14. Their first house burned and they moved to another; both in the same township.


The man in the back and left is Henry, the father. His brother Ole, is in the center, and Julia is on the right.


Hilda, (1911) is holding Cliff, (1923), Alice, (1912), Oliver, (1909).


Nora, (1918), Murvin, (1921), and Ella, (1915).


The two other children, Ilene, (1926), and Ralph, (1929) are not born yet.
Ella lives in Thief River Falls and Ralph lives in Desoto, KS.

Kaitlin Delfin was born on this day in 1990. According to what Ella taught all of us, that means it is her golden birthday. Golden birthdays are special. You haven't heard of this? We have two very special birthdays in our lifetime. The day and the year. For Kaitlin, today is special, and then again when she turns 90!

Like I said, Ella got all of this started in my head. My children, born on the days: 1, 12, 27. Years: 66, 70, and 79. Last year was Ryen's golden birthday. He knew it was a big deal. I spent several weeks putting together a picture memory album which included grade cards, drawings, and pictures. I also sent him his baby book. It very well maybe the best gift he will ever get.

As for myself, my family honored me on my birth year when I turned 44. They pinked me out and made a red carpet out of newspaper from the roll. It was very special. Do other families' celebrate this?

Joy to all.

e