Monday, June 14, 2010

WHERE IS THE HELMET?

Old trunks some times wonders if friends are more important than anything. Ever notice how, even if you don't agree, they seem to pull you out of a hole, even if it isn't for more than a bit?

Let's talk about Paul. Now, I have known this man for 13 summers. He is stoic and no matter how much charm I think I have, he is the hardest person to get past cool.

After the great fall from the deck, he told Tom he was going to find me a helmet to wear so I didn't get hurt. I didn't hear the conversation between the two but was a little annoyed because it was like a pat on the head and the fall was no biggie. But then you have to remember I was up side down in pain and in a fix.

Well, we went to the lake last weekend and on top of the golf car was the helmet and a handicap sticker stuck in the window. He put it there after we arrived. Tom helped me out of the truck and inside. He came in and asked if I could come out for a minute. And there it was helmet and handicapped and I laughed so hard that all the woe is me was out the window. It was healing.

Later, we would take a pix of me holding a pike with the helmet on and telling Paul that the pike didn't get me because of his generosity. And that is when I finally got a hug and Mr. Stoic warmed up.

It is win win.

Let's hope you have friends to bring you to laughter.

e

No comments: