Thursday, May 20, 2010

CHILDHOOD IDOLS

In a newspaper far away, they ran a poll of people on the street. The question was: Who was your childhood idol?

Answers:

Marsha Brady

Prince

Michael Jackson

Elivs Presley

Old Trunks thought about Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers and Dale Evans.

I don't remember my parent's talking about idols. I do know Mother said she loved Liberace. I hope she meant his music.

Did my grandparents have idols? Who might they be?

Kids are so lucky today, they don't have to buy magazines to get pictures. Photos can be printed off the Internet. There walls could be covered!

Perhaps a better way to look at this is, who would you be if you could be someone you really admired, (as a child). I would still want to be Dale Evans and Audrey Hepburn.

After all, that is who I pretended to be when Barb and I went to Winnipeg one winter to get her teeth. We walked downtown with big sunglasses and cigarette holders. No wonder my favorite movie is still Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Think about it, won't you?

e

e

No comments: