Saturday, October 27, 2007

Jump Starting

She walked amongst the rocks and down through the trees searching for an inner jump start. She sat down on a big rock and thought about getting some direction. She looked up, to each side, and down.

On the ground, in a crevice between the rocks, she found a small piece of drift wood no longer than her hand. Attached to it by a piece of string was a little charm.

IMAGINE

That is all it said but it became a symbol for her. A charm to find what she was looking for. It may have been lost there by someone who had sat on the same rock.

The jump start was so profound that it came to work with her and found, on the QT, its way to our house to take a picture of it to include in something we are working on for her for Christmas.

My sweet Thomas says he doesn't have the "Anation" to go with the imagine, (IMAGINATION). Between the two of us, we found the little piece of wood and a pewter charm tied on the string affected us as well.

I started to think about what statements my parent's had made to me and how it may have been just as much as a charm.

I suppose I was about 13 when I asked my Dad for a pair of moccasins. I told them they cost $2.98. When he asked me why, I told him I wanted them because everyone else had them. He told me that was a poor reason.

I felt bad for asking and wanted to do something nice for him because he had taken the time to explain why. He had a sub compact at the time called a Goliath. I washed his car with a bath towel.

When he woke up from his after lunch nap, he saw the vehicle had been washed. He said, "You really did a good job. If I had this done at Torgerson's, they would have charged me $3.00". He gave me three dollars and said I could spend it any way I wanted and winked.

That was fifty years ago. I didn't buy moccasins then and I still don't have a pair. It was the charm that is still with me.

So if the lady with the drift wood hangs on to the IMAGINE charm I understand why, do you?

Ladybugs.

e