Wednesday, October 3, 2007

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE STUMP OVER!!!

I am so excited!!! I just got an email from Enid and this is what she says:

From left to right: Lena Nordgaard Larson, Carrie Bergvall, Thorenus, Ella Backlund, Nina Anderson Bloom.

To remind you of who the girls were, pictured are highlighted in green
57 Carrie, (Nick) Bergvall, Texas
39 Ella , (Henning) Backlund, Stratcona, MN and later Roseau, MN
49 Theo who also went by Lena, (SS) Norgaard, Viking, MN She is listed as Larson, she must have remarried.
41 Tina, (Alfred) Carlson, New York . On a farm in upstate New York. Not in NYC.
36 Mabel, (John) Bergland, Bemidji, MN moved to Pontiac, Michigan
43 Nina, (Carl) Bloom, Rosewood, MN


Pete, Emil and Carl. Aren't you glad I am so old that I remember?????Bergvall's came to TRF in about 1936 and we had a Family Reunion at the Carl Mellem place (where Grandpa originally lived) so I think the picture was taken there.

THEN:

I see you had the year 1934 and I think that is right. Tina and Alfred lived on a farm in upstate New York--I even looked in my mother's old address book and couldn't find the name of the town. Her daughter, at one time, lived at Leeds. Also, Mabel lived in Pontiac, Michigan--not in Bemidji. Hope tht helps.

It helps us a lot! I wrote back to tell her I had used Bemidji, MN for Mabel, as that was her address when her sister died in 1926.

There is never a dead end!!! HUZZAH!