Thursday, February 5, 2009

COLOR ME ORGANIZED

According to the Career path.com site, one can find the occupation/profession best suited for you by ones color preference.

The test is a series of colors. One picks they most favorite and the least favorite in the following categories. Remember, this gut feeling, not a test to think about. To simplify the answers, Old Trunks has typed her answer in caps and the other colors available per unit are in lower case.

PRIMARY MOST FAVORITE
YELLOW blue red

PRIMARY LEAST FAVORITE
BLUE red


SECONDARY MOST FAVORITE
PURPLE green orange
CHOOSE SECOND SECONDARY FAVORITE
RED, green, orange blue
SECONDARY LEAST FAVORITE
ORANGE green
CHOOSE SECOND SECONDARY LEAST FAVORITE
GREEN, red

ACHROMATIC MOST FAVORITE
BROWN black white
ACHROMATIC LEAST FAVORITE
WHITE, black

INTERMEDIATE MOST FAVORITE
LIME, magenta, teal, gold, red-orange, indigo
INTERMEDIATE LEAST FAVORITE
magenta

After that part of the selection is finished, a screen offers every color mentioned. Starting with the favorite, select each color until ALL colors are gone.

My choices:

YELLOW
LIME
RED
PURPLE
BROWN
GOLD
TEAL
WHITE
BLACK
INDIGO
GREEN
ORANGE
RED-ORANGE
BLUE
MAGENTA

Then, of course, they ask for lots of information which one can fast forward through to cut to the chase. What are my strong points according to my color pick. Obviously color preferences change, as in the 1970's we had an orange house--well, more of a cantaloupe.

Now, I asked my sweet Thomas if he thought the strong points were truly me.

FIRST CHOICE ACCORDING TO color@deweycolorsystem.com was

ORGANIZER
Self control
Practical
Self-contained
Orderly
Systematic
Precise
Accurate

followed by:

PERSUADER
Witty
Competitive
Sociable
Talkative
Ambitious
Argumentative
Aggressive

Tom thinks I am more of a natural persuader than a organizer. So there has to be some influence on what you have done in your life. In the categories listed under organizer, there are seven I have done. Under persuader it lists working with people in positions of leadership and power, of which I can name several situations in which I have been in leadership, except, of course when the principal of the elementary school considered me too radical to be president of the PTA! (Grinning).

A little blurb at the top of the page says, " If you like to type you may be a data entry operator but you WANT to be a fiction writer."

As a O, I best get my orderly self on the move; As a P, I best persuade and lead on. Or is that get the lead out?

Now what if I had taken this in 1970 while sitting in the kitchen with huge orange flowers in the wallpaper?

e




No comments: