Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MORE CONFUSION ABOUT WINE

Old Trunks is back to her original theory:

RED MEAT RED WINE
WHITE MEAT WHITE WINE

I am willing to say the subject is too complex for someone who drinks cranberry juice with her supper while her husband drinks milk.

And if we are to have a glass with company, it will be like grandma and grandpa, chokecherry is the only flavor~~although it won't be chokecherry because we don't make wine, (yet) either. Nor will it be wine cut with 7 up to make it go farther.

Instead, a short glass of warmed sherry, unless I have put it in the brownies or used it to marinate beef will serve us fabulously.

And if in a travel, I should buy a bottle of wine at some winery in the middle of the USA, we may share that.

And if we do feel a need to buy something highly complimentary to the dish we are serving, I will rely on the clerk at the bottle store to know. If, when served, it is NOT what we would consider compatible, then, I guess we better find a different clerk or keep our mouth shut.

To all of you who know wine, I congratulate you. BOWING.

e

No comments: